Our City... Our Future
What was Knox@50?
It was an extensive engagement program undertaken by Knox City Council throughout 2012 to talk to locals about the changes facing Knox, and what we can do together to shape the future. With our community turning 50 in 2013, it's the perfect time to help us:
- Refresh the Vision for Knox (available for public comment from 9 May 2013),
- Develop a new City Plan, including a new Council Plan (available for public comment from 9 May 2013),
- Inform key strategies (like housing), and
- Forge fresh connections between Council and the community
Click on the icons above to learn more about the key drivers affecting Knox, or visit our library for more articles, and interesting facts.
Knox@50... it's Our City... Our Future!
The following links reload the page with different content below.
The Knox@50 project is now complete.
Throughout 2012 you were busy telling us your thoughts for the future of Knox.
Here on this interactive website you'll be able to see the:
- results of over 9000 discussions with the summary of findings and the Final Knox@50 Report
- discussion papers and fact sheets under the key drivers of change that were used extensively throughout the process
- presentations that were made to the community
- browse through extensive information in the library
- view the history of engagements undertaken
- make comment to the team
by Knox Admin 3 Aug 2012, 12:56pm
- Knox@50 Final Report
- Draft City Plan 2013-2017(incorporating the Council Plan)
- Draft Knox Vision: Our City... Our Future
- Planting a seed for our Future
- Knox City Plan Community Forum - COMPLETED
- Final Knox@50 Survey - COMPLETED
- Community Leadership Group - NOMINATIONS CLOSED
- Focus Groups - COMPLETED
- Vox Pops - COMPLETED
- Community Forum - COMPLETED
- Dialogue Groups - COMPLETED
- Win an iPad! - CLOSED
by Knox Admin 29 Jun 2012, 11:09am
Knox@50 already an historic milestone
After completing the extensive community engagement for Knox@50 a report has now been released containing the key themes and findings of the project.
These key themes have been incorporated into the new draft Vision Knox: Our City... Our Future, and new draft City Plan which will be available for public comment from 9 May 2013.
by Knox Admin 24 Apr 2013, 6:37pm
A plan for the future
Following on from last year’s Knox@50 discussions, Council is now in the final stages of refreshing the Knox Vision: Our City, Our Future. This work builds upon the previous Council vision, but incorporates new findings from the Knox@50 community engagement project, the largest and most comprehensive engagement program every undertaken by Council.read more
by Knox Admin 24 Apr 2013, 11:56am
Throughout 2012, Knox City Council asked the community important questions about how we should deal with the changes we’re likely to face in the future. And with that, we promised we’d let you know what we heard, and how we will use that information. Following on from the work of the Knox@50 project, we’d like to continue the conversation about our future at a Community Forum on Saturday 2 February, 10am - 2.30pm at Knox’s Civic Centre, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South.
To find out more and view the video invitation, click here. If you are unable to access You Tube, please read the full invitation.
To RSVP, please complete this form. If you have any queries, please call Rebecca Hutchinson on 9298 8000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be offered to people who have participated in other activities of the Knox@50 engagement program.
by Knox Admin 26 Nov 2012, 3:32pm
Following our extensive community engagement work for Knox@50 we invite you to participate in our online interactive survey.
Check out the key themes that have come through from our conversations with our community, and make your own comments to help us shape our 4 year city plan and vision for the future.
by Knox Admin 26 Nov 2012, 3:26pm
In 2013, Knox is turning 50, and we are celebrating by inviting locals to join in the 'Planting a seed for our Future' project. Register now to receive your own seeded card, and plant your own wish for the future.
School groups and organisations are welcome to participate.
by Knox Admin 11 Oct 2012, 3:49pm
Knox@50 has been online for a few months now and we’ve heard some interesting stuff so far.
So far our quick polls have told us that:
- 64% of people prefer to communicate by email
- 84% of people travel most by car
- 73% of people think the best thing about technology is that makes everyday tasks easier and quicker
by Knox Admin 13 Sep 2012, 10:11am
Following an expression of interest process, Council endorsed 14 nominated members of the community to become members of the Knox@50 Community Leadership Group. With 8 scheduled meetings from October 2012 to December 2013 the purpose of this group is to:
- Provide community and stakeholder input through various stages of the Knox@50 Project, from October 2012 to December 2013.
- Provide a representative voice of the social and demographic diversity of Knox.
- Explore and understand the Drivers of Change impacting Knox.
- Help Council understand and interpret what it has heard from the community through the Knox@50 engagement program and what this means for Council.
- Help Council develop policy responses.
|Contact:||Kerryn Ellis, Manager Corporate Planning and Performance|
|Phone:||03 9298 8000|
by Knox Admin 26 Jul 2012, 4:00pm